7. Stand the roll on end with the exposed edge against
8. Pass a stretcher bar through the last row of meshes
and secure to the post as indicated previously.
9. Unroll the chain link fencing along the line of
the fence pulling the mesh as tight as possible as one moves
Hold the fence to the line wire using temporary tying wires
or string at intervals. Fasten the mesh to each straining post
in turn. Tension should be maintained during this operation.
Line wires can be interwoven into chain link at the top to provide
10. At each change of direction of the fence, sever
the roll by untwisting a spiral slightly short of the post, inserting
a stretcher bar, pulling tight and bolting to the post.
11. To complete the fench, it is then only necessary
to attach it to the line wires by tying wire. A spacing of 150mm
(6in) is recommended for top wires and 450mm (1ft 6in) for middle
and bottom wires.
more on Chain
Link Fencing Erection
back to Steel Fencing index
Visit the Fencing section in our
Online Store for full range details